Tuesday 14 October 2008

Bougon by name, Bougon by nature

Today's Times tells the story of the Bougon family in France who have reacted bitterly to the French Canadian fictional TV series 'Les Bougon', concerning a fictional family of scroungers, fraudsters and alcoholics. The problem is, bougon in French translates as 'grumpy' thus the Bougon families concern.
Now I chose the blog name Grumpy Old Ken. Some say its very apt and who am I to judge. I suffer from TGA which I am informed has caused a degree of brain damage. It can cause emotional/behavioural problems, I repeat 'can cause' because I reckon I never ever throw 'wobblies' but again who am I to judge. What I do know is that if I feel like a 'grump' its easy to blame it on the TGA, its as good an excuse as anything else. And who can deny a grumpy old man such license. So come on Bougons, don't be so sensitive. Have you never heard the saying, 'Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and you weep alone.'

No comments: